Tucows is a quiet, but very successful, twenty-year-old global Internet services company. From its humble beginnings as a software sharing platform, Tucows is now the world’s second largest domain registrar and provider of wholesale Internet services, and through its brand, Ting, is revolutionizing mobile and Internet access in the U.S. Today, 600 Tucows employees work in 10 offices worldwide and help generate over $300 million in annual revenue. They’ve also helped Ting become one of the top-rated mobile providers.
Tucows is looking to add a new member to our Analytics, Insights and Reporting team. Together, we’re responsible for all of the reporting, analytics, data flows, visualization, and related business intelligence operations within our quickly growing company.
We’ve got a lot of data, and we’re looking for someone to help us get the most out of it. To do that, you’ll need to be comfortable working end to end in the data pipeline; from extracting data from source systems into our data lake, to building visualizations and dashboards in Looker and everything in between.
You will work with business, product, and engineering stakeholders to understand their needs and priorities, as well as to collaborate and ensure that their reporting requirements are captured in the development process. You’ll then build and work with data pipelines, acquiring data from source systems and moving it through our data hierarchy, from messy and raw to clean and aggregated. Lastly, you’ll explore the data with visualization tools and statistical techniques to help make our products better and to improve the experience of our customers.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Top-notch communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent math and statistical analysis skills, especially as they pertain to business and experimentation
- An interest and proficiency in the presentation and visualization of numbers and statistical data
- Ability to understand business imperatives and drivers, find relevant data correlations, and create processes by which the data correlations are translated to information flows that help drive the business
- 1-2 years of quantitative analysis work experience
- 2+ years experience handling, manipulating and analyzing data and creating analytical reports
- Strong expertise with an SQL language, as well with as database structures and data lake architectures
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Suite
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Pentaho Data Integration
- Experience with Looker
- Proficiency with Python
- An understanding of the principles, tools, and processes of data science
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience with Kafka
- Post-secondary education in a technical field, or B.S./M.S.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and the diverse points of view drives us forward every day.