Senior Software Engineer
Tucows has been on the Internet since people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second largest domain wholesaler in the world with over 14,925405 domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting) and building fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio and many more).
We’re a team of over 600 serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technology foundation, thanks to the people that work with Tucows.
You love the Internet. Not just using the Internet but the Internet itself; net neutrality, the open Internet, and all that important stuff.
We're looking for a senior engineer to help design and develop services and features using modern technologies to deliver reliability, scalability, testability, and security. As well as building and executing proper testcase coverage. Someone who can participate in architectural design discussions and not be afraid to push the envelope. Also, to grow into a leadership position within the team.
The experience you will bring...
- 5+ years professional experience in a software engineering environment
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Python or similar
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts
- Demonstrated performance tuning skills
- Experience with MySQL, or similar
- Familiarity with using version control systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Very good overall communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive and constructive attitude
Nice to have...-
- Experience with API application development
- Perl knowledge is an asset, but not required
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Contributions to an open-source project (of any kind).
- An account on Github.com with samples of your code.
Tucows (NASDAQ<em:TCX, TSX:TC) is one of the largest domain wholesaler in the world with Millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting) and building fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with Shopify, Squarespace and many others (Hover). Today, Tucows employs over 600 people and services millions of customers around the world.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and the diverse points of view drives us forward every day.